Designated Shift Lead > Operations Manager > Executive Chef > Owners
Employees in this class are responsible and accountable for assisting in the preparation of food. Upon completion of a training period the incumbent, in the absence of the Executive Chef or Supervisor may charge of a shift. Supervision is received from a Senior Cook and the incumbent may have supervisory responsibilities over Junior Cooks and Service Workers.
The Kitchen Assistant is the entry and training level.
- Assist with pick-up window where necessary
- Package Meals
- Expedite Orders
- Prepare or assist in preparation of complete meals.
- Preparing and cooking all menu items as assigned.
- May take charge of a shift in absence of Executive Chef or Supervisor.
- May be responsible for checking supplies and groceries received in work area.
- Assists in the cleaning of kitchen area and general maintenance of equipment and inventory control.
- Carry-out the duties outlined for the respective station
- During a team member’s break, absence, vacation etc. may be asked to assist with multiple stations during a limited period of time as instructed by management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Good knowledge of principles and quantity cooking and experience in quantity cooking of vegetables, meat, fish and poultry etc.
- Good knowledge of food service sanitation standards, personal hygiene and safety.
Education, Training & Experience
High school diploma and a minimum one year experience with cooking or in customer service.
Click here to apply online